Whether you are looking to build a fire in your fireplace, or need tips on how to build a fire when you go camping, we have you covered. There are so many ways to create a fire, therefore it is important to know how to get it started and how to make it last so you can enjoy the heat. Let’s take a look at what types of fires can be built, and how.
How To Build A Fireplace Fire
If you are new to having a fireplace, you might be wondering where to start when building your fire. Here are the steps to follow when looking to make the perfect fireplace fire:
- If you have built a fire in your fireplace before, make sure to shovel away the ashes.
- Once your fireplace is free of ashes, make sure the flue or damper is open.
- Set two large, and dry, split logs parallel to each other in the fireplace.
- Grab some newspaper and place it between the two logs.
- Next, place your smallest kindling on top of the newspaper. Then you will want to place a larger piece of kindling on top of the two parallel logs. Allowing space between the wood gives fire the oxygen needed.
- Don’t get discouraged if you have a downdraft. Just light a piece of newspaper and hold it up to the flue opening. This will help reverse the direction of the draft.
- Try not to use gasoline when lighting a fire in a fireplace.
You might also like: Try Out These Tips To Be More Intentional In 2021
How To Build A Campfire
If you like to camp, then you know how important building a fire can be. There are so many ways to build a campfire, so let’s see which works best for you. Here are a few options:
- Tipi Fire – This is a very basic way to build your fire. Simply set your wood up like a tipi and get ready to light it up. This is a very easy way to stay warm and light quickly.
- Lean-To Fire – If you are looking to build a fire when it is windy or damp, this is the type of fire you need to build.
- Star Fire – If you need a fire to last through the night, the star fire is what you need to create. Simply create your mini tipi and insert logs to create a five-point star. This fire won’t let you down.
- Log Cabin Fire – This is the type of fire to build if you are looking to roast marshmallows and cook foiled dinners. Simply stack your wood like an old Lincoln Logs kit and get to cooking!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.