Barbecue is a summertime staple, a crowd pleaser in all of its many incarnations. Whether your idea of great ‘cue is brisket, pork, chicken, or ribs, the secret’s in the sauce. We’ve got nine of them that are well worth a taste tour as you seek out a signature barbecue sauce to claim as your own. Read on for an overview of these flavor enhancers.
If you’re a barbecue enthusiast, you probably already have a go-to sauce. But this list of favorites from The Spruce Eats can shake up your routine and give you some tasty alternatives when you’re feeling spicy. Taste your way around them and you’ll see what we mean.
- Rufus Teague Made Some Sauce – Thick, rich, and available in a variety of flavors including Honey Sweet, Whiskey Maple, Smoky Apple, and Blazin’ Hot, this sauce will take your grilled meats to the next level.
- True Made Foods Pitmaster Lower Sugar BBQ Sauce – This delightfully different sauce contains 70 percent less sugar than leading brands and is sweetened instead with natural flavors from tomatoes, butternut squash, carrots, and spinach. It’s a Kansas City style sauce that packs tons of flavor into a healthier condiment!
- Stubb’s Original Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce – Naturally flavored with sugar, molasses, tomatoes, vinegar, natural smoke, and spices, this sauce has a rich and complex flavor profile that brings out the best in your food.
- Annie’s Naturals Organic BBQ Sauce – Sweet, spicy, and vegetarian, this sauce gets its kick from cayenne and chili peppers and its sweetness from cane sugar. It’s praised for its versatility, so try it on anything and you’ll see why it’s a favorite among organic shoppers.
- Montgomery Inn Barbecue Sauce – Originating in a Cincinnati restaurant, this sauce is now sold by the bottle. It’s a thick, sweet, and spicy tomato-based sauce that adds exciting flavor to whatever’s on your menu.
- Bibigo Gochujang Spicy BBQ Sauce – If you’re looking to give your barbecue an Asian flair, try this tantalizing spin on tradition. Made with fermented gochujang, this surprising sauce is a backyard barbecue game changer.
- Famous Dave’s Georgia Mustard BBQ Sauce – For those who swear by tangy mustard-based sauces, this one will win raves. It can also be used as a marinade for chicken or pork and basted on during cooking.
- Gates Extra Hot Bar-B-Q Sauce – Wake up your taste buds with the spicy heat of this sauce from a famous Kansas City restaurant.
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce – The sweetness of this rich sauce is balanced beautifully by a bit of tang and heat that makes it a well-rounded multi-purpose condiment for use on just about anything you’re cooking up!
You might also like: 12 Places To Take A Stroll This Summer In Kinston, NC!
Savor the Deals at Doug Henry CDJR
Ready to spice up your daily drives with a new or used car for an irresistible price? Check out the ones we have in store at Doug Henry CDJR! We have a robust array of vehicles in stock and priced to sell, and we can’t wait to put you behind the wheel of your top pick!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.